SHELAA REFERENCE – 18-AS-003
EXPECTED YIELD – Mixed use development providing 200 dwellings
and 2 gypsy and traveller pitches alongside reduced office floorspace
PROPOSED USE – Residential-led mixed use scheme
SIZE – 8.7ha
- The site layout should maximise retention and safeguarding of existing mature trees and areas of woodland and incorporate those features in a coherent landscaping strategy for the site.
- The design and layout should create clearly defined boundaries between the edge of the site and the Green Belt using physical features which are recognisable, likely to be permanent and consistent with the character of the surrounding environment.
- A programme of archaeological investigations must be undertaken to determine the likelihood of heritage assets being present within the site and secure appropriate recording and/or preservation of such assets, appropriate to their archaeological significance.
- The development shall incorporate open space and equipped play space in accordance with policy EN11, laid out in a manner which provides easy access for residents of the development and is also accessible to the general public.
- The development shall incorporate affordable housing that meets the requirements of Policy H2 in terms of the proportion, dwelling mix and tenure. Affordable housing should be integrated within the scheme with equal access to on-site communal facilities.
- Proposals for green infrastructure and public open space should incorporate opportunities for biodiversity enhancements, including creation of new green corridors through the site, connecting with tree belts and hedgerows on surrounding land.
- Opportunities should be explored to enhance pedestrian and cyclist connectivity to and from the site, in order to facilitate safe, sustainable travel to local shops, schools and other services.
- Improvements to the local highway network, to mitigate the impact of traffic growth on existing congested roads and junctions, including the junction of Ermyn Way,Grange Road and Leatherhead Road (A24) and the surrounding road network.